SMT Machine Operator
- Sydney, Australia
At RØDE Microphones we are Passionate about Audio
RØDE Microphones manufactures and exports precision tools of creativity to the world. Our Australian designed and made microphones are exported to over 140 countries enabling millions of people around the world to be heard. Our employees are passionate, hardworking, talented and are pivotal to our success.
Our company is growing, and we have an exciting opportunity for an SMT Operator to join our team on a full time basis to work a monthly rotating roster, including morning, afternoon, evening shifts and weekend work.
Penalty rates apply where applicable
- Operate the SMT production line
- Soldering to IPC Standard (through hole soldering)
- Operate the Selective Soldering Machine
- Operate the automated optical inspection machine (AOI machine) for both catastrophic failure and quality defects
- General PCB assembly work
- PCB quality inspection and rework
- Replenish supplies and components and perform job changeovers in as short a time as possible
- Operate the Solder Paste Screen Printer
- Check own work to ensure defects do not occur
- Modify machine programs as required
- Log the time taken for a task against a job
- Routine cleaning and minor maintenance
What must you have?
- Good communication skills
- Pride in accuracy and quality of work
- Good eyesight and fine motor skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Highly self-motivated
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks and stand for long periods of time
Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge of equipment used in SMT operation and an understanding of electronics
- Experience in high volume, high speed, electronics assembly
- Diploma in Electronics or Certificate IV in Electrical/Electronic from TAFE, or equivalent (preferred but not required)
- Computer proficiency and familiarity with word processing and spreadsheet programs
Our campus is designed to create an atmosphere which reflects our love of cutting edge technology, collaboration, and our deep connection to music, film and all things audio. Do you want to be part of one of the most exciting, forward thinking companies in Australia? Then Send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you would like to be the next person to join the RØDE team.
RØDE Microphones values diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from people of all genders, ages, and backgrounds.
Applications for this position have closed.